We took Mckenna to Underwater World at Mall of America last week and I purposely didn't take one picture. I realized I caught more than usual because I got to study her and see her completely intrigued by the fish swimming all around her for the first time. I noticed the simple wonder that was going on in that little brain of hers. She was as cute as ever and I know I will never forget that first trip. I don't have a picture to remember it by, but I know the memory was clearer than ever!
We all try to capture the firsts. We whip out our smart phones and put a screen between us and the little miracle. I've started realizing that a lot can be missed with that little gadget interfering. I fall into the trap of feeling like I need to document every little thing, as we all do, (especially with firstborns I've heard) but I am really trying to work on this. First enjoy the moment. Mckenna also just started learning to pass a ball back and forth. She holds it above her head and "bounce passes" her mini basketball to me. (Something I am SOOO proud of being a former basketball player myself) The first time she did it I told Mark to quickly grab his phone. He said, "just enjoy it." And so I did. A couple days later she did it again and we videotaped it for us to send it to some family and friends. It just makes way more sense. We have it to show her someday, but it was so fun to just have a family moment the first time. So if someday in the next month I post Kenna's first steps just know they might be the second...or third...but I think that's just fine. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment